Friday, November 2, 2012

my living space



This summer when we got Samson I was so very vain about him and shamelessly so. I anticipated compliments on his behalf and I found much joy in arranging situations where my friends and family could gaze at him in admiration.


haha, I'm doing it again

Several times I asked myself, "Am I really vain about a dog?!!!!"

I mention Samson because the shameless vanity I still feel about him is comparable to how I feel about my apartment. Hahaha, I thought about colors and inspirations months in advance. I was CRAZY! I would literally lay in my bed at night playing interior designer before I moved to Iowa. 

Here are some images I found on the web that inspired me


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Mxa_L16yXEs/TmrhmXOxCFI/AAAAAAAAIzk/gAZbjPWGalM/s1600/1111997_r78cz5h8_c.jpg
 (via)

love colors :)
 (via)

 love the green curtains!
(via)


love this yellow
(via)

love the wood and color
 (via)

 love simple dining set
 (via)



love detail over bed! 
 (via)

This photo was probably the most inspiring. I adore the yellow couch and I love how mismatched the art frames are

THIS IS EXACTLY what I want!
(via)

I found myself drawn to color, especially orange and yellow because imp they are happy colors,  reminding me of things I love: sunshine, mangoes, sunflowers. I also found myself drawn to blues and greens because they feel fertile and renewing to me. Blues and greens conjured up images of the sea and trees, which I love for their beauty and serenity. So I decided to go with blue and green for my dining area and yellow and orange for my living room area

I loved the mismatched yet organized feel of the apartments I used for inspiration, especially when it came to texture and color and even furniture. But most of all I was inspired to really make my apartment my own. I just love how the personality of someone can shine through their living space

here's my living space, starting with my pets

 





       Love that mermaid painting! Got it in a thrift store for $10


Mismatched dining chairs = love





One of my classmates was telling other classmates that my apartment looks like an Anthropologie ad! Haha, hilarious

p.s. next time I will show my office area

7 comments:

  1. I love your dog! Adorable :)

    I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! missed reading your blog :) hope everything is all right!

      Delete
  2. I love your apartment. So cozy and charming!!! I cannot say how excited I am you're back blogging :) yay

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww! Samson is such a cutie.
    Web pics inspire me with house stuff, too. I need to be lurking the Interwebs a little more for some curtain inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're back! Yay! Your apartment is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you have chosen.... And samson is purty....

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!